www.elections.ca Employment Portal Apply Online for Elections Canada Careers | Latest Elections Canada Returning Officers Jobs Notification | Remote jobs at Elections Canada | Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs Hiring Now Near Me | Elections Canada Returning Officer Salary in Canada | Elections Canada Jobs Work From Home Canada | Elections Canada Careers and Employment Opportunity | Returning Officers Jobs in Across Canada | Canada Government Jobs | Highest Paying Jobs in Canada | Elections Canada Highest Paying Jobs | Elections Canada Work From Home Jobs Across Canada.
Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs Vacancies 2022: New Job Vacancies in Elections Canada. Submit your Job Application Form at the Elections Canada Careers site. For more information about Canadian Government Jobs read this article.
Given below are the essential qualifications for Jobs in this Elections Canada. All applicants are requested to read carefully the essential qualifications of Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs before applying. Candidates should read this post till the end to know the Elections Canada Jobs vacancies requirement.
Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs 2022-2023 Latest Apply Online Elections Canada Careers and Employment Opportunity Jobs in Across Canada
Latest Elections Canada Career Opportunities: – Elections Canada is now recruiting for Returning Officers jobs in Across Canada. Candidates who have Degree/ Diploma qualifications can avail of this job. Elections Canada is a reputed job location in Canada. The Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs Salary for $55.66 per Hourly. Candidates Can Apply Online Through the Official Elections Canada Careers Website Link.
☀ Join Telegram for Instant Daily Job News ☀
This Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs Recruitment details like job description educational background, age limit, selection process, and how to apply are given below. You can check the table below to know the details in shorts. If you want to know the complete information then read the article till the end.
Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs 2022 Short Details
|Organization Name||Elections Canada|
|Name of the Position||Returning Officers|
|Type of Job||Varied hours – Electoral Cycle|
|Job Status||Appointed – Electoral Administrators|
|Expected Start Date
||In three months (on average) following a public staffing process|
|Job Location||Across Canada|
|Job Type||Jobs in Canada|
|Number of hours per week||Varied hours – Electoral Cycle|
|Salary||$55.66 per Hourly|
|Last Date||Check Official Notification|
Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs – Jobs Description
- Plans and prepares for an election by carrying out pre-event activities
- Plans and organizes the delivery of access to voting
- Manages and controls financial, material and human resources
- Administers the Canada Elections Act and the Referendum Act in his or her electoral district as well as related legislation, such as the Official Languages Act and the Financial Administration Act
- Communicates information to the public, candidates, and political parties
- Collaborates with other Elections Canada teams
- Contributes to the improvement of the electoral process
View the list of returning officer duties
A returning officer must be qualified as an elector (i.e. be a Canadian citizen and at least 18 years old) and must reside in or adjacent to the electoral district in which he or she is to perform duties under the Canada Elections Act.
Successful completion of two years of an acceptable post-secondary education program
An acceptable combination of education, training and relevant experience
- Management experience as a leader of an organization
- Experience in managing special events in short time frames
- Experience in managing human resources
- Experience in financial management
- Experience in material management
- Experience in managing activities in a computerized environment
Additional qualifications that may be used to select candidates for interviews
- Experience in the administration of electoral processes
- Participation in community-based organizations
- Ability to communicate in both official languages
- Ability to communicate in a minority language spoken in the electoral district
Knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of the mandate, role and responsibilities of the Office of the Chief Electoral Officer (Elections Canada) and of the office of the returning officer
- Ability to implement the statutory and administrative requirements of the office of the returning officer
- Ability to navigate the Internet, and use email and word processing software
- Ability to manage crises and resolve unexpected situations
- Ability to communicate effectively orally
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Ability to negotiate to resolve difficult situations
- Ability to plan for the recruitment, hiring and training of personnel
- Sensitivity to persons or communities with special needs in the electoral district
- Diplomacy, judgment, reliability, adaptability and discretion
- Interpersonal skills
Factors to consider
A. Candidates who are being considered for appointment must:
- Supply references
- Complete and submit the Treasury Board Personnel Screening, Consent and Authorization Form, which includes providing information required for criminal record and credit checks
- Be granted “Reliability” status before they can be appointed
- Provide two pieces of valid ID that confirm proof of residency within or adjacent to the electoral district in which the candidate is applying to serve as returning officer
B. Candidates must be prepared to accept the following conditions of appointment should they be appointed as a returning officer:
- Conduct themselves in a politically impartial manner at the federal, provincial, territorial and municipal levels
- Not make a contribution to a candidate, a leadership contestant or a nomination contestant
- Not belong or make a contribution to, be an employee of or hold a position in a registered party, an eligible party or a registered electoral district association
- Be available between electoral events for pre-event planning and other part-time and intermittent activities
- Be available and able to work long hours, without notice, for the duration of an election or referendum period and the post-event period
- Attend training sessions held by Elections Canada
- In exceptional cases, agree to establish a returning officer’s office and work in a community closer to the majority of people in the riding during an electoral event.
- Maintain a “Reliability” security clearance at all times during tenure as returning officer. It is understood that Elections Canada has the authority to monitor compliance with this condition of appointment throughout the term of the appointment.
The federal RO is appointed by and reports to the Chief Electoral Officer.
The position of returning officer is demanding, both mentally and physically.
Returning officers work long hours, seven days a week, during the minimum 36-day election calendar (from the day the writ ordering the election is issued until election day) and for several days after the election. They must be available all day, every day, during that time. Outside the election period, returning officers must be able to free themselves from other commitments on an occasional, part-time basis to carry out pre-event planning assignments, participate in consultations and attend training or briefing sessions, etc.
The work is by nature impartial and non-partisan and returning officers must conduct all business accordingly. During their mandate, they must abide by Elections Canada’s Code of Professional Conduct for Election Administrators and abstain from all activities of a politically partisan nature, both during and between election and referendum periods.
- General Information on the Recruitment Process
- Testimonials from Experienced Returning Officers
- Code of Professional Conduct for Election Administrators
- Process for Appointing Returning Officers
- Returning Officer Profile
How to Submit Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs Application Form?
- First of all, you have to go to the official website of Elections Canada.
- After that, you will see the career option on the official, click on it.
- All Elections Canada Jobs links will appear in front of you Now you have to click on the link of Elections Canada-Profile-Jobs.
- As soon as you click on this link, all the details of filling out the application form will open in front of you.
- Now you have to fill in all the details carefully.
- After filling in all the details you have to click on the apply button given below.
- Your Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs application form is complete.
- You can keep a copy of it in the future.
|Before applying, please ensure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you are eligible.
Applications of ineligible applicants will be rejected by the Recruitment Manager.
Elections Canada Returning Officer Jobs – Important Link
|Apply Now Here|
Top Queries Search By People
Female Jobs in Across Canada, Full-Time Jobs in Across Canada, Government Jobs in Canada, Driver Jobs in Canada for Foreigners, Driver Jobs in Canada for Freshers, Across Canada Part-Time Jobs Near Me, Work From Home Jobs in Canada, Student Jobs in Canada,
Disclaimer:- Unjobscareer.com does not have any involvement in any kind of Elections Canada recruitment process, this website only shares Elections Canada job vacancies and interviews from various online and offline sources. Applicants who are applying for jobs, please be advised to research real prospective employers independently. We (unjobscareer.com) do not make any requests or requests for payment of money and unjobscareer.com strictly advises against sharing personal or bank-related information. Unjobscareer.com is not responsible for any mistake.